16 April 2008

In The News

Wondering where I've been the last couple of weeks? Well, there's just too much to talk about in detail, but at least some of my time has been spent talking with Chicago Tribune reporter Manya Brachear about Pope Benedict and vocations to the priesthood. Though the article doesn't get at the heart of what's going on with the papacy, the priesthood, Tradition, the relationship between JPII and Benedict XVI, and the Church, and tends to take a superficial view of "trends", nonetheless it's got my name in it. Hooray.

Amy Welborn has a good piece in the New York Times that has a perspective closer to home.

As the Tribune article mentions, I'll be traveling to Yonkers to see Il Papa, so check back here next week for my thoughts. This will be my first encounter with a pope, and though I am currently frustrated with the complications this visit has introduced into my life, I'm fully confident that I will be reaping dividends within a few days.

No comments: